Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Snow Day!

What fun that it snowed on Christmas Eve this year, giving us a white Christmas! 

We bundled up early to go play outside. It was the first time for the little boys to experience the snow. True to form, C took off and enjoyed it all. L is happy to do whatever, so he just joined in at his own pace. N does not like to be cold, so he was kind of miserable (he is lacking that body fat that the bigger boys have!). The snow was perfect for packing, so Z was happy to have a snowball fight. Start to finish, the whole ordeal took about 40 minutes, 15-20 of which was outside...so I figure that isn't too bad. But bundling up 4 kids...YIKES! Trying to wrangle 4 excited kids into sweatshirts, mittens, hats, boots, coats. Then stripping them down, when they're all cold and want inside at the same time with their little wet bodies? Fun times!








We warmed up by watching Elmo.  The little boys love him, and Z is just happy to watch TV, whatever it might be.  In fact, he often requests that the little boys watch Baby Einstein because HE wants to watch it.

Nate and Z went back out later on in the day to build a snowman.  I didn't think the little boys would be too into it, and personally, I wasn't either.  Yet another reason why I love Nate...to do snow duty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment