Z had his last soccer game on Saturday. I have really enjoyed Z's soccer team. He, however, has been less than impressed. I asked if he would play again next year, and he said, "no, I don't think so." When I asked him why, he said, "Well, it's a lot of work. And a lot of running." Yup, bud, it sure is. That is why I always played defense...less running!
He has kind of played that way. He spent most of the time while playing not really touching the ball, he kind of trailed after the group. He doesn't have an aggressive side at ALL (which is ok with me!), so he didn't really work too hard to get the ball away from the other team. Even when he did get the ball, he would dribble it a few times, then kind of let another kid have it. If the ball got kicked straight to his feet, he kind of looked at it in a confused way.
I will give him this, though, he didn't give up. Even if he wasn't really into the game, he would go out on the field when I told him to. Some kids would just totally stop and come sit on the sidelines and not go back in, but Z kept up (even when he didn't want to). He followed through, and did his part as a teammate. He would rather have sat down and quit, but when I reminded him of what a good teammate was, he was willing to go back out and play. I was very proud of him!
We all went to a few games, but mostly I went with him while Nate kept the little boys. He also had some fans at different games...Aunt Emily, Papa Dan, Grandma Dorothy, and Papa Mike all made it to a game. Emily took the great action pictures of him playing below!
great photos! he's looking so grown up. :)
ReplyDelete