Sunday, August 8, 2010

Family Fun Week Day 4 and 5

Day 4 of Family Fun week was Suson Park.  Day 4 also corresponded with Nate's birthday.  I was busy uploading pics on Wednesday night, so when I grabbed my camera this morning I left the memory card in the computer...no pics. Bummer for me. Suson Park is a super little park, and I hadn't been since Z was about this age. I went with Mom and Jenny...crazy to think that Mom was around when Z was this age. And apparently I forgot a camera THAT time too, because I can't find any pics. Moving on. It has a little farmyard with animals...goats, cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys, roosters, horses...I'm sure there are more animals, but you get the point. The only hard part about this place is that you have to pick up kids so they can see and not get bitten. Fine and dandy for one kid, but three kids and two adults, plus a wagon, plus a 4 year old...a bit rougher. Everyone did well, though, and they enjoyed the animals and making all sorts of noise! There also is a playground there, but it is waaaay too much for 18 month old kids. Before I had kids, I thought a playground was a playground. Not the case. This one is clearly for bigger kids. Z loved it, but it about put me over the edge with the little boys (think lots of high places to fall from). On the way home we had a birthday shake from McDonalds (happy birthday to my sweet husband!).

In the afternoon we went (just me and the boys) with a girlfriend to her neighborhood pool.  The boys did really well, and were all happy to get in and out of the baby pool.  I am happy to say that they made me look good.  They made me look like having 3 little boys and 1 big boy is a walk in the park.  I was so proud of them!

Day 5 we let Nate sleep in (a late birthday gift!).  We were actually going to hang out with his aunt and uncle and his cousins kids, but one of the kids had a fever (so I nixed that!).  I took the boys for a quick run to Target (where I got some great deals!), to the library (SUCH a pain to get all 4 kids out of the car just to get a book on hold).  Then we met some friends at another park with an easier playground. 

We went to one of Nate's ballgames Friday night and the boys played on the playground.  They loved it, and went back and forth up the stairs, across the bridge, down the slide...over and over and over!


Fun week and end to summer.  It has been a great summer.  We traveled and went fun places in town.  We saw friends and family, we swam, we played in the water.  We took turns sleeping in, and took naps.  We ate yummy ice cream and grilled.  Nate practiced his handiwork at the house he worked on, and his finished work is amazing (he really has gotten good!).  Nate played ball, and we got to watch a few times.  We got to enjoy the backyard and swingset and basement and frontyard.  Z got to go to a few camps, and I got to help out at one.   We spent quality time together...all of us.  Nate and I both feel like we didn't "waste" summer by doing nothing, which made it a fun, fun, productive summer...just the way we like it.

Next week Nate goes back, so it is back to just me and the boys....back to reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment