We started on Monday going to the Botanical Gardens, one of our favorite places. We love love love it! My aunt got us a membership for the boys birthday, which means that we can go on the non-free days, when it is not totally packed. That lowers my stress level a ton, as does having Nate with me. :) And of course all the boys wore orange!
We started out in the DinoQuest, which is in the climatron. They had dinosaurs hidden in the climatron (not hidden, just kind of behind stuff, camouflauged, sort of). We tried to make Z go through it slowly and enjoy it a bit, but he just flies through everything. We did find time to also point out some plants that he might recognize (banana, cacao, coffee). Apparently I forgot to take pictures in there.
We checked out the fountain, one that I love, but that Z has not been willing to play in in several years (water kind of wigged him out for awhile). The little boys were kind of freaked out by the grate, so they didn't want to stand on it, until Nate forced C on it :)
We checked out the sheep and gave them a ride...
We moved to the fish....love the koi fish! The boys loved them too, along with the ducks, and they (the boys) serenaded us and everyone surrounding us with "QAK! QAK! QAK!" (And these first two pictures I actually took upside down without looking...I had my hand over the railing. Turned out decent!)
Off to the Children's Garden, where I was reminded that even on a very uncrowded day that I need two dedicated sets of hands for all my kids (as in, it is VERY hard for me to go with friends who have their own kids and can't help me with mine). They wandered around and played in the "market" and had a good time. They even all tried out the water part.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the Botanical Gardens!
No comments:
Post a Comment