Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Overprotective?

I started looking at my blog (the old one) to see what we were doing with Z when he was this age, and to see what kind of stuff he was doing, and to see who he looked like. 
Here are a sampling of pictures of him at the exact age the boys are at now...all of these things I am kind of horrified that I let him do.  I would never let the little boys do these things.  I'm not sure if it is because there are 3 of them and I just can't logistically let them do these things (if so, hello, mom guilt).  Or it might just be I don't let them do this kind of stuff because there is so much other stuff going on that they don't need to do these things...I don't know.  But I thought that parents got less protective with later kids?  Oh well.  My poor protected kids.
Regardless, here are some pics.  Of the little boys, who do you think looks most like Z? 

Up on the barstool eating.  I yank the boys down as soon as they try to climb up on them. 

FIREWORKS?!  I would never let the boys try them!

Moving the stool over, climbing up on it, and turning on and playing in the running water?  Remember the first picture?  I yank the boys off of the barstool before they can even THINK about the water. 

Playing with Nate's drill. 

Getting out of the stroller and actually petting a goat at Grant's Farm. 

Eating raw brownie batter?  Really?

Holding the hose.  Actually, I might let them hold it if Z wasn't hogging it all the time, and/or if I trusted them to not spray me! 

4 comments:

  1. In the sink picture, Z could be L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think out it, one child with a hose v. Three fighting over it... Or one child to watch on a bar stool (sitting OR playing in the sink) v. Three... I'd say you are just smart!!! Even with my two I know I won't be letting Lydia do some of the stuff I let Madeline do simply because it is a logistical nightmare!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's either L or C. Cute kid(s), though! =) And come on, you don't let them have brownie batter anymore?! Poor, deprived children!

    ReplyDelete