A few new things that they have done, that show how big they are getting...
- Nate couldn't go to church with us a few weeks ago for some reason, so I had all the boys by myself. But I was able to get them out of the car, and hold their hands and walk in! L is on one side since he is the worst at walking and still kind of clumsy, along with the fact that he typically wants to go his own direction and doesn't hold my hand well. C and N hold my hand really well, so they both go on the right side. Z walks right beside me, and in the parking lot will hold onto my bag or something else.
- We live on a culdesac, and we have always gone on quick walks down the street. But for the first time the other day the little boys made it all the way down and back all by themselves, without me having to carry one or more back, and we didn't even have to take the wagon.
- I had a quick errand to run last week, like in and out at Target for one thing quick, and I just didn't want to get out the wagon. I debated on using the shopping cart, and decided to give it a shot. I started out with all 3 boys in the cart, with me repeating "We don't stand up. Nope. Sit down. We sit in the cart. No. Sit down. We don't stand up." I finally moved N to the strap in part, and left C and L in the cart. The next day we tried a quick trip to Costco, which was a little easier since there are 2 seats with straps. Not sure that I will keep doing the cart thing...but maybe. They do need to learn, and I suppose that as long as it is a quick trip, it isn't a huge deal.
- We went to the mall the other day and found a great deal on shorts for the boys for the next few years (I bought 2T, 3T, and 4T). My boys are so so so good. They sat so well in their wagon while I shopped, and Z did really well waiting while I looked too. It helped that we had some friends meet us there as well. Anyway, after we shopped we had to grab lunch there or the kids would have fallen apart. We grabbed some BK, then sat down beside the carosel in the middle of the food court. Brave as I was, I took the boys out of the wagon and let them sit on regular chairs. Not even high chairs, the regular chairs. They ate their nuggets and fries, drank their water, watched the carosel, and SAT in the chairs for the entire meal! So proud of my sweet big boys!
No comments:
Post a Comment