Saturday, May 29, 2010

Pajamas

Tonight was the first night I put the boys in two piece pj's.  All last summer and winter they were in sleepers, and so far this summer they have just been in long sleeved onesies.  But I had a friend drop off some hand-me-downs with some pj's in them, so I decided to root around in my 2T bin of clothes to see what else I had in terms of pj's.
Turns out I have 17 pairs of 2T pj's.  That's right, SEVENTEEN.  And I will tell you, I have never in my life bought a pair of matching pj's.  I personally think that they are a waste of money, even if they are so stinkin' cute.  I always figured a kid could wear long sleeved onesies, or old nasty shirts and shorts. 
But people have been sooooo generous to us with hand-me-downs!  SEVENTEEN pairs of pj's.  And that is just 2T.  We are so incredibly grateful for the stuff that people have given us!  What an amazing blessing.
So I put them on the boys tonight, and magically, they were little boys.  Not babies.  Something about the 2 piece pj sets just says "big boy" in a way that a onesie or sleeper does not.  

N

C


L (playing "where's L?")



3 comments:

  1. cute! you're right; they're growing up.

    and that's so funny -- i don't like to buy unnecessary items either but i never even considered not buying pjs! but you're right -- they're not necessary! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And at first glance I thought C was Z! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all getting to be handsome toddlers instead of cute, squishy babies. I resisted the 2-pc forever because of grown-up looks (and cold feet).
    Oh. And I am sending some more jammies, etc, back with N next week.
    Jammies are probably my biggest weak spot and I guess it makes sense that those are the one thing I have bought the most of if I didn't get them from you!

    ReplyDelete