He took off school on Friday, and left after lunch with the boys, hoping they would nap on the way down.
As for me...what do you do with 48 hours to yourself? If you're me....
I started out by going to Trader Joe's. I spent an hour plus walking around, writing down prices, looking at labels, and just enjoying it. I got some chocolate covered pretzels for a treat!
I went to get a haircut and my eyebrows done...both of which were in dire need of some help.
I went home and steam cleaned all of the carpets (all 3 bedrooms and the family room rug). They were NASTY. They hadn't been steamcleaned since the babies were born, and I'm not sure if anyone can completely understand the volume of fluid (pick a fluid, any fluid) that came out of my children and landed on the floor and sort of got cleaned up.
I ran to Hancock fabrics to look for something that could work as a table cover for the new table we got. It is dark wood, and any mark put on it (spoons, forks, etc) could very easily leave a mark. So I need something to protect it.
I rented The Blind Side with a free redbox rental. I knew it would be one Nate didn't really want to see.
I had a massage...a gift card from 2 Christmas' ago. It was a 45 minute massage, but they signed me up for 60 minutes, and somehow it all worked out. Not sure how, but I double checked. It was FABULOUS. Ahh...I love a good massage. The massause suggested I "come back in 4-6 weeks, as there was some stuff that would take several sessions to work out." Yeah. I'll check my calendar and budget.
I got Arby's for dinner and a cherry limeade to drink, then headed home to watch the movie.
I laid down on the couch and watched the movie. I did nothing else while I watched!
I slept until 9, then took a long hot shower.
I got Krispy Kreme for breakfast, and a free coffee from McDonalds.
I ran to Bed, Bath, & Beyond and got a Shark steam mop...used a 20% off coupon and got a $15 gift card rebate!
Went next to Old Navy and used a $50 gift card to get some new shirts. I tried them ALL on before I left! I also found a Tom and Jerry shirt for Zach that he will love. (He has recently been watching it at a friends house and thinks it is hilarious. I think it is hilarious that he is watching Tom and Jerry.)
Went to the bank to get cash out for the week.
Ran to Target for a return.
Went to Lowe's to get dirt to finish planting my garden.
Came home, and transferred the tomatoes and peppers to the garden with the dirt I bought.
That was all by noon!
And then after noon, I sat on the couch and read. All afternoon. I stopped to get QDoba, but then read some more, and finished the book by 830. It was The Island by Victoria Hislop. A good read. I LOVE to read, but tend to do nothing BUT read when I get into a good book, which doesn't work so well when 4 children are running around. So reading is a special treat to me.
After I finished I tried out the Shark mop, but it wasn't working the way I wanted, so I quit. Because I could.
Slept again until 9, then had a nice shower and went to church. I had to teach Sunday School second service.
Ran to Costco and Dierbergs to get a few groceries, and went home.
Unloaded, finished my QDoba from last night, and finished picking up the house.
I loved my time...loved, loved, loved it. I didn't pick up the phone when it rang, so I just heard quiet. Quiet is really nice. I loved not talking (I know, I know...me?). I loved not being in charge of anyone but myself.
Nate and the boys got home around 330. Nate was glad to be home, and so were the boys. They kind of danced around the house and danced around me...they might as well have been saying, "Home! Home! Mom! Mom!" I was VERY glad to see them. While I loved my time, I love my family. I love being mom, I love being wife. I love being needed.
And what is not to love about this?
As for Nate and the boys and Nate's parents, they did well too. They were all reminded of the pre-planning that goes into everything involved with 4 little boys, and saw how vital a childproofed house and yard are! They did really well, all of them. Nate did wonderfully, and was awesome with the boys and all of the unknowns...probably less stressed out than I would have been. His parents were great as well, and loved the chance to play with the boys and to have them go to the preschool to play, and to show them off at church. Glad it worked out for everyone!
Special thanks to my rockin' awesome husband for taking on a huge job...a 2 1/2 hour drive to a non-childproof house for 48 hours...and to my in-laws for taking them in and giving me a break. This mama is incredibly grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment