Monday, December 8, 2014

Oh Christmas Tree

Cutting down a tree is one of my favorite December traditions.  And it is one that the boys really enjoy too.  This year the weather was perfect (not short sleeved shirts like a few years ago, or snow like last year!). 


I love this crew.  :)
This tree was one that Z picked out.  It was kind of short but the pickings were kind of slim. 

One day (probably sooner than I'd like) they will be fighting over whose year it is to actually cut the tree down.  Maybe we'll never let that happen, though.  They all love to shout TIMBERRRRRR as it falls. (A tradition from when we were little!)



Such a handsome group!!!

At least you can see us all this year!  Last year L was hiding or doing something weird. 
The boys were VERY into decorating this year.  This is the first time that they have all showed an interest.  We actually got to the bottom of my ornament box, which hasn't occurred in years.  Normally I get a lot up then get tired of it (and/or have to be done to go deal with kids).  They just kept putting more and more up and loved finding all sorts of new ornaments.  It was so fun :)  We put it in the family room this year because we thought that the boys were old enough to maneuver around it and also because we spend more time in here, so could enjoy it more.
Apparently they got too much on it, though.  One evening as I was making dinner (thankfully Nate was home) the whole tree just FELL OVER.  Seriously.  That happens??  I was so crabby about it.  Nate was great though, and sent me and the boys out to the library and he fixed it.  






These family selfies crack me up, and I love them.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment