Wednesday, December 31, 2014

NYE 2014

 This year we went to Shogun for a hibachi dinner with our neighbors.  It was so much fun!  (And we were so glad that we were the PERFECT size for a table!)  Their girls had gone before but it was a first for our boys.  They loved the "show" the chef did for us, and 3 of the 4 loved eating at least parts of the food (guess who didn't eat anything?).  They cracked up when he threw broccoli for us to catch but most would agree that the flaming onion volcano was their favorite.  Although L wasn't the biggest fan...I think because he was closest to the center of the grill and every time there was fire he was a little unsure.  Note:  we also have taken to strategically placing our kids whenever possible.  Best case:  N, Nate, C, Z, me, L.  Z and C are most likely to be ok next to each other.  N wants to be by Nate, and L wants to be by me.  Put L or N together or even with C or Z and it can be a ruckus.  Oh, the things I didn't realize I would have to think about...seating charts for my family ;)
After dinner we went home and had treats at our house.  The kids played and we played a board game for a bit.  We counted down a bit after 9 and the way they were acting (craaaazy) you would have thought there was something besides sparkling grape juice in their glasses!
They left and we got the littles down, and Z had decided that he wanted to stay up until midnight.  We had the first part of The Hobbit so decided to let him watch it.  He and Nate watched it while I snuggled with Z.  I fell asleep the first time Nate and I watched it, but I figured I would be more interested now since I had just read it to Z.  Nope.  I passed out too.  Z was so excited to see midnight!!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment