Posts have been few and far between here, I realize that. There are a few reasons for that...
1...it was cold and we were homebound (and now it's nice and we're busy).
2...the boys have been so into their own stuff that I haven't bothered to take pictures of (imagination, building, legos, playing, reading)
3...I was blessed with 3, count them, 3 girls weekends this spring.
One with 10 girlfriends from church; we went to Augusta and stayed at one girls in-laws house. Eating, talking, doing nails. Fabulous.
Another with my 3 lunchbunch girlfriends at the Lake of the Ozarks; we stayed in one girls husbands work owned condo. Shopping, eating, talking. The first time in a few years we haven't had a nursing baby with us. These girls "grew up" as moms with me, and really taught me how to be a mom the way I wanted to, as our first kids were all within a year of each other (when we started really hanging out), through our kids now...17 and one on the way.
The last with my college roomies. We actually stayed at my house and kicked my family out to Kville. More shopping, eating, talking. Amazing that I have known these girls for almost half of my life!
4...I started an Etsy shop selling Lego party favors in mid February.
The shop has quite honestly taken a lot of my time and brain power for the past 3 months. I had a friend ask for some Legos of Nate's to make some jewelry to sell and I thought "huh?"...then I started looking into it.
I made party favors for Z's party from some of Nate's stock, and then began building my own store. I finally feel like I have it organized and kind of into a rhythm, but it took a bit of time.
I am actually really enjoying it...it is working a different part of my brain than has been used in a loooong time. From the creativity in making the party favors and other jewelry, to ordering new legos, to emailing with clients, to figuring out the finances, to making and packaging orders...it has really been fun. :) And financially has been a blessing...I am completely WOWED by how many orders I have had (almost 100 orders in 3 months)!
Here's the link if you are at all inclined to see more of what I'm doing :)
No comments:
Post a Comment