So that last post was all whining and complaining. Yes, I admit it.
We have had some fun in January...just not much ;)
One day we decided to go to the Butterfly House and the carousel in
Faust Park...an outing, for once! We got up there to discover that the
Butterfly House was closed for renovations AND the carousel was closed
for winter maintenance. Talk about a mom fail. We headed to the
carousel at the mall and salvaged that trip a bit, though. You can't tell here, but the boys were on the top level of the carousel. By themselves. I waved from the side. It was such a bittersweet moment...they were so proud to be alone!!!
We
worked on the Pinewood Derby car for Z. Pretty sure that this is the
last year we will do Boy Scouts (haven't exactly broken that to Z yet).
His car came in 8th out of 12 in his group...same place as last year.
He was disappointed at first but a shake from Steak n Shake got rid of
that disappointment quickly.
Z has started a
basketball league thru CYC. It is an internal league within the parish
for 2nd graders. So far he has only played twice...we'll see how it
works out.
We went to the Magic House today and took
one of his buddies. All 5 boys had a good time and it was just nice to
be out of the house! I also took the littles one afternoon so that they got to choose the stuff they wanted to do (instead of the big boys dictating). Our membership expires early next month so we wanted to get a few more good trips in before then. Now I need to be on the lookout for a good Groupon deal for a new membership...probably one more year.
This is the shadow wall...not just 5 boys randomly staring at a wall. ;)
Z decided he wanted a roller skating party (kind of random but whatever). But before he fully decided on it he needed a trial run. So one Sunday afternoon he and I went skating. Such fun. I wanted to call it a date but he wanted nothing to do with that. ;) So in a few weeks we will have a roller skating party...pics when that happens.
The littles went to a birthday party and I left them and came home. Z, Nate and I hung out at home for a few hours together. I'm pretty sure that is the first time that that has EVER happened. Z was pretty bored, because we didn't give him any special treatment...we all just did our own thing. Good for him to appreciate his brothers all the more.
No comments:
Post a Comment