Thanksgiving was late this year, so our Christmas tree chopping ended up a little later, too. This was the first year that we got to cut down a tree in the SNOW! It was pretty cold but we managed (and a nice lady that was leaving gave me her hand warmers...that was a great prize that I didn't really share!). We went pretty quickly and found a tree that we liked. And this year we got to have hot chocolate at the end, as opposed to slushies last year (when we were in short sleeved shirts!).
And let me just say how bummed I am about this picture. My camera ran out of batteries (mom fail!) but I knew that it still had enough juice that if I left it off, then turned it on and took a picture really quickly it would work. So I had a guy do that, and didn't look at it until later. Looks like we are a family of 5...just 3 boys. If you look closely, though, you can see L behind Z and C. As C said, "L looks like an apple core!". Annoyed. Oh well....
This was the first year that the boys were all really excited to decorate with us (me?) this year. They still can't hang up the ornaments well, and I can't begin to tell you how many of my ornaments are broken. I always fight that...how much to let them help, and how much to insist that I do. I'm normally in the middle, but that still ends up with a lot of broken stuff. In general, not just Christmas. Sigh.
These were the ornaments the boys made for us last year :)
L got the special spider ornament.
No comments:
Post a Comment