Saturday, October 19, 2013

Freaky 5K

After Z ran for the Read Right and Run Marathon in the spring, and then did the triathlon a few months ago, we started running for the RRR again.  One morning after we did a mile, he just took off up and down our street several more times to complete 2 miles.  I was pretty floored by that, and asked if he would like to sign up for a 5K with me (3.1 miles).  He agreed, so we signed up for a small 5K at the rec center.  I knew it would be small, and that it was a flat course on the trail in the park (so I wouldn't have to worry about him on streets).  We trained for it a few times (we ran 2 miles twice and 2.8 once) then ran the race this weekend.  

He did SO well!  Our time was 34:23, which averages to 11:05 miles...I think that is pretty impressive for a 7 year old! We had a walk a few times which was perfectly fine, but he was awesome!  I was so glad to be able to do this with him...such fun to try new things with them as they get older.  Nate and the little boys came and cheered us on, too :)






No comments:

Post a Comment