Friday, July 19, 2013

Gatlinburg

We spent our last evening exploring downtown Gatlinburg.  We had planned on going a few evenings earlier but a rainstorm prevented us from making it out that night.  We dinner then just kind of wandered down the streets, peering into a few shops (but not too many...5 little boys are a bit prohibitive).  
Oh, but we did have to make one last stop...earlier in the day Z had seen a sign for a store with "Indian artifacts and jewelry" and he was dead set on going in to find a souvenir.  We never passed it but he was so keen on it that we drove to find it and Nate told me to jump out with Z to get him "some $5 thing".  Z and I had to run down the street a bit to get there, and when we walked in, I knew immediately we were out of our league!  I was pretty sure the cheapest thing in there was probably $20.  Um.....wow.  And it was a very small shop, too.  Thankfully the owner realized what had happened and was kind about it...we were able to find a shark tooth necklace that Z loved for $7.  Not sure how many sharks are in Tennessee, but he was happy.  And Z got it, too.  He recognized how much more expensive it was than we had planned and he just looked at everything with his hands behind his back :)  He's such a good kid. 

We ate dinner at Mellow Mushroom where Z got some help from Uncle Mat on his napkin ;)
I think this was the only time we were all OUT together.  It was fun :)
How blessed we are to be part of this family! 
Love my sweet family too!
This was part of the Guinness Book of World Records Museum...


We got yummy ice cream...at least I did (mint chocolate chip).  The boys got some nasty flavored kind...superman or something.  (And I know this is TMI but the next day N had poop that was LITERALLY half neon blue courtesy of this ice cream!!!)



Love these silly boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment