Monday, May 6, 2013
April/Early May
Oh dear, it has certainly been awhile. We have been in a whirlwind of busy due to the end of the school year.
So...what we've been up to.
I visited the Magic House with the littles on a field trip. It is always fun to see them in their classroom, when I am not in charge. It is interesting to watch them interact with their classmates. I've noticed that when we play with other kids, or in the classroom at school, church, or Bible study, that my boys tend to cluster. They are so used to playing with each other that they just DO. I think I noticed that they are not EXclusive toward other children, but that they are not INclusive. They just don't think to include other kids when they are doing their thing together. Now, they do play with other kids, and have other friends as well...but they just love each other!!! I'm not sure how that will play out as they get older. And quite honestly, I don't think I really have a problem with them being each others best buds. They do really well when Z has friends over too...they love his friends and Z really doesn't seem to care that they all hang out together. Z is so close to them too...I love the relationship my boys have. So, Magic House field trip.
I didn't realize it until now, but you certainly can see the size difference in the boys in this picture...
We went to the zoo one nice day...
We visited the library, as usual, on Monday afternoons. We love love love it there, and the boys generally come home and plop down and start looking through all of the books :)
We made another special trip to MoBot to check out the tulips. Oh, how I love spring! My lilacs are blooming now and they smell beautiful! We met a friend who we hadn't seen in a long time, so it was wonderful to catch up with her.
The boys had their year end "concert" at Bible study. Highlights do NOT in fact include my children actually singing songs and doing the motions...they do not include anyone hiding their head in their shirt like a turtle or hiding behind the bushes (as Z has done), but they do include a choke hold from L to N (it was silly...), a stinkeye from L the majority of the time as he sulked over the fact that N took his spot, and C and N with their hands in their mouths most of the program. Sigh.
Another big time suck has been the beginning of baseball season. I will make that it's own post.
I ran a 5 mile race for some friends of ours...the story is here.
We attended a trivia night (and came in 2nd place), went to our block party, and all went to our neighbor's birthday party.
We have spent gobs and gobs of time outside playing and riding bikes and scooters, and playing on the play cars and trucks. We have skinned knees and elbows and hands. Our street has really come alive and that is FUN. Currently on our street are our 4 boys, an awesome 1st grade girl across the street, then down the street a 2nd grade boy, a 4th grade boy, a boy the littles age (3 different families), and 3 year old and 1 year old sisters. The kids ride up and down the street and play and laugh and they are finally old enough that I can (mostly) calmly sit in my chair and monitor what it going on. I think it will be a fun summer.
And now on to the next post...more May... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment