Sunday, April 21, 2013

Stories

Just a few I don't want to forget...

The other day we were driving and the boys asked if we could go sledding at Grandma Lora's house next time it snowed.  I told them we could try, but reminded them that it wasn't really Grandma Lora's house anymore, but that she was in heaven because she had died but loved Jesus.  They think on this for a bit, then C asks "mom, are Jesus and God REAL?".  Of course I replied YES! 

This made me so so so glad that we have never told our kids that Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, etc are real. NOT that those are bad things, I totally get it.  And we kind of play the game...we talk about Santa (but that he is pretend, but a fun story), Z gets money from "the tooth fairy" (that he knows full well is me), they know I hide the eggs.  Regardless, I was struck by this conversation and so glad that I was able to tell him the truth (YES Jesus is real) and not later have him question me if I told him flat out YES Santa is real. 

So the conversation goes on...the boys thinking in the car...finally C starts to wail.  Like full out wail.  -What, C?! - I don't wannnnnnna go to heaven!!!!! - WHAT?! - I don't wannnnnnnna go to heaven!!! -WHAT?  Where do you want to go?  - HOOOOOOOMEEEEE!!! - Oh bud, you're not going to heaven for a long time! (and at this point, N begins to wail also).  Both boys are bawling their eyes out about how they don't want to go to heaven, they don't want to die, they want to go home.  I'm trying not to crack up driving at these two goofballs crying over heaven.  L is sitting in back saying "I'm not going to die.  I'm going home!"  Seriously, hilarious stuff here. 


Another one...

This weekend Z was supposed to have his first baseball game on Saturday but it was rained out (well the fields were still too wet).  So we had a slow quiet Saturday morning.  The boys played in the Lego room and I finally got up about 8 and made coffee cake.  They kept playing while I made it, then sat on the couch and drank coffee and caught up on some online reading.  Z came out while I was sitting, and asked where breakfast was, and I told him I was waiting for it to get made (it was in the oven).  He replied "well it's not going to get made with you just sitting there!".  Um.....what?  Luckily he was smiling and laughing as he said it. 

But the best was when we sat down, and I told them how grateful I was that they were kind to each other and played nicely so that we could sleep in a bit.  Z says, "yeah, me too mom!  I had a present this morning: the littles came up in my bed when they woke up and I got to read them a book!!!"  I asked whose present it was (I thought maybe he meant the littles got a present since he read to them) and he again repeated that it was HIS present.  The littles all agreed wholeheartedly about how great it was.  Love all those boys...even when they make me crazy sometimes, they are awesome. 

And then today they all VOLUNTARILY went outside in the backyard without me even asking.  The four of them happily played for an hour...something about rock monsters and power ups or something.  I have absolutely no clue but they did great and they were outside and I didn't have to be (even though I love being outside, I was able to do some cleaning inside with the windows open!). 


No comments:

Post a Comment