Our church rented a skating rink one night. I had a fabulous time. Nate about killed his back trying to keep Z from falling...I let Z fall but just broke his fall so it wasn't a full drop. The littles tried but weren't great, and it was incredibly hard to try to skate with 4 children who can't skate (and a husband who barely can). Z and I had a good time and he actually got a bit better by the end of the night. The littles took turns with me skating and holding them. My arms hurt for 4 days afterwards!
The littles had PJ day at school :)
Fun times at the Butterfly House.
We spent another week sick at our house. It has been a sick winter...this was the third week that we have been out. That is a ton. It has been a combination of it just being a sick winter along with the fact that the littles are in school for the first time this year, but we have been hit hard. This most recent sickness wasn't terrible...the littles got one form: 3 kids puked at one time or another, 1 kid had diarrhea for 4 days (but diapers were fine!), all kids napped 1 or more times a day over a 4 day period, and they all ran fevers. Z simultaneously had a cold that kept him from breathing easily, and he had a nasty cough. Except for the puking (which was short lived) it was a fabulous sickness. We spent the better part of 4 days sitting on the couch snuggling, reading books, watching movies. Pretty nice...but I was happy to get them off to school today!
The last 2 weekends of the month I had back to back girls weekends (yes, I had one in January too!!!) The first was with my good friends Erin, Rachelle, and Meg (and baby Daniel!), and we went down to the lake to shop and hang out. Didn't get a picture. Had a great time having full conversations and ate a ton of M&Ms. :)
The second was an annual one with my college roommates. We got a hotel room nearby here (since they come from Chicago, Quincy, KC, and Nashville) and shopped and ate and caught up. You know, what girls do.
So incredibly grateful to have so many fabulous women in my life...the women I had these 3 weekends with have been in my life for anywhere up to 17 years! (Um, feeling old.) I am blessed beyond measure with all of these women who have taught me everything, who have cared for me and loved me and seen me through so much...who have supported me and listened to me and laughed with me.

No comments:
Post a Comment