I'm not entirely sure what got into me but "we" (read I) made a TON of cookies this year. I had a lot of people I wanted to take them to so I just got baking.
I ended up making 9 (maybe 10?) different kinds of cookies and made 15 plates. Yum. I made a good mixture of new cookies and old favorites, and think I will continue to add to my ongoing list.
The boys helped when they thought they were going to get to taste the cookies, and for about 10 minutes when I did some sprinkles and cutting. They also happily helped me with tasting them. I have a bad feeling about me making cookies in the future...I think they might be gone as fast as I make them.
We took them to 6 of our neighbors and 2 friends I had made meals for. Nate took a few plates to school, and we took 2 plates to each the library and the post office. And there were plenty left for us to eat.
We spend a LOT of time at the library and the ladies are so good to us and know the boys and deal with them and their loud voices and excitement about books (even when the books don't always come back in perfect shape...we TRY!!!). They were grateful for the cookies.
And the littles and I are at the post office at least once if not twice a week dropping off orders from Nate's Lego stuff. The boys run in like they own the place, saying hi and asking for stickers. Thankfully all the people at our post office are great, and the 4 that are normally there know us well. Again, we just wanted to thank them for the stickers and their patience with us. The funniest part was that when we got there one of the ladies says "oh, it's my boys!!!" and pulled out presents she had gotten for each of them!!! Coloring books, matchbox cars, pencils, candy. What?! So glad I had cookies to share! The boys all loved it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment