Friday, November 16, 2012

leaves

The boys are in a kind of anti-outside phase right now, which I hate.  I want to tell them "go outside and play" and have them say "sure thing, mama, we love to play out side!".  Not the case right now, at least not with me outside with them (I hate to say that that defeats the point!).  L is the worst, and we crack up at him.  He pretty much downright refuses in his kind, sweet way, or using his "mad" face.  The best part is that he often includes excuses like "It's too windy/hot/cold/sunny/gray/wet outside" or "I think it is not a beautiful day outside".  Cracks me up yet completely infuriates me. 
Anyway. 
When most of the leaves were down in the backyard I convinced them that it would be fun to jump in them.  Of course this meant that I had to rake them (and rake them and rake them and rake them) BUT at least they were outside having fun.  Especially because it was a beautiful day :)   
 
 












1 comment: