Today was a fun fun day! Pretty exhausting and non-stop, but fun.
It was apparently National Talk Like a Pirate Day (who knew?!). Krispy Kreme gave out a free dozen donuts to anyone who came in dressed as a pirate. So I figured I could dress the kids up and we could run there early before I dropped Z at school. The boys loved that idea, of course. They were in a pretty random assortment of our "pirate" clothes, and I made eyepatches out of construction paper, but it all worked out.
We got in and they all "talked pirate" to the employees, and we were offered 4 dozen free! I opted for just a dozen (although they could have frozen...it just seemed a bit ridiculous).
We ran a few to Nate at school, then had to book it back to get Z to school on time...and then I realized that he didn't grab his lunch and backpack...the one time...seriously. So I flew back home and grabbed it. I was worried he would miss the bus to his gifted school and that I would have to drive him (because of course it WOULD be a day that his being late would be a problem). Thankfully we made it on time and I saw the bus outside and the kids lining up and told Z not to worry, but he freaked out...he likes to be on time...maybe I have instilled that a bit too well?? I got him to calm down and got him on the bus and the littles and I ran to Bible study.
We met some friends for lunch at a park and played outside for awhile because it was beautiful today! After that we went to the Magic House and played, then came home for 30 minutes of reading time (because I needed a little break, and really, they did too). Then we ran up to Z's school and played there for 30 minutes until his bus got back.
Z won Cards tickets through the library reading program so tonight he and Nate went to that game. Nate offered delicious ballpark fare to Z (nachos! pretzels!), but he chose cotton candy. Yum?
I took the littles to yet another pirate themed free meal (I guess we milked it today). We went to Chik-Fil-A (YUMMMMM) and got free sandwiches. The boys got to dig for treasure and got balloon swords and saw "real" pirates.
We came home and took showers, read a quick book, and they passed out. Nate and Z didn't get home until 930, so I had 2 hours tonight by myself and it was fabulous, considering how tired I was. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment