Saturday, June 9, 2012

Summer 2012-Week One and Two

The trendy thing to do now is to have a "summer bucket list" so that you do all sorts of fun and intentional things with your kids.  I have gotten a lot of ideas off pinterest and from other blogs I read, along with all of my own ideas from stuff around here, and have made our own list.  I sometimes let Z look at it and pick stuff off of it, but since he is the only one who knows/cares what we do (and the littles are happy with anything), most of the time I just choose what to do when I'm good and ready.  I was going to post this all at the end but figured I might as well do it week by week. 

So here goes...the first week of summer, we...
Week two...

  • slip n slide/sprinklers/water guns







  • bike rides around the park
  • watched two trees get taken down in our front yard.  Sadly, one was totally dead, and the other was mostly dead (Princess Bride, anyone?).  Thankfully, they were between the sidewalk and street, so the county took them down for us.  Whew...that literally saved us thousands of dollars.  They left the branches and Nate sawed them up, and we have firewood for at least 3 years!  The boys did a good job helping him move it to the side of the house, especially N.  He is such a hard worker!


No comments:

Post a Comment