Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer 2012-Week Five

We had VBS at church this week and it WIPED me out.  I have always taught the littlest kids, and in years past that has been the 3-4 year olds.  This year, for a myraid of reasons, it was just 3 year olds.  And WOW there is a huge difference.  3 year olds haven't been to school yet, and the 4 year olds typically can follow directions, so the 3's follow them...so without them...wow.  BUT God is good and gave me patience and kindness and love for those sweet TWENTY ONE three year olds (including 3 of mine)! 

So this week has consisted of us leaving at 8, picking up a friend, going to VBS from 9-12, dropping off a friend, and getting home by 1245 to eat lunch, read books, and have quiet time.  Yes, I did in fact take a nap every day this week, which is not typical, but man oh man, I was tired.  So we have not done much else. 

But still...
  • Father's Day
  • Mike and Dorothy in town
  • VBS
  • pool
  • slip n slide
  • teardrop volcanos (oops, didn't take pictures).  The kids had fun, but I wish I had more droppers...they didn't get the hang of using straws to pick up the liquid.  Regardless, it was a fun one and I bet we do it again, when I get more droppers! 
  • baseball game (Z)

No comments:

Post a Comment