Jenny had her baby!!!!
We decided several months ago that as soon as she went into labor she would call me, I would book the soonest flight I could, and then I would stay out in DC for a few days with Anna while she, Greg, and baby did the whole hospital thing.
There were a lot of "what ifs" in this, of course. I hoped it would correspond with our schedule. I had Dad and Dena, Mike and Dorothy, and a slew of other people on call if needed. Then there were the details of me catching a flight, getting there, getting Anna (from one of Jenny's possible locations depending on day/time), getting their car, etc, etc.
Turns out it happened as PERFECLY as it could have. She called me at midnight on Friday night, so I booked a flight out at 6 am on Saturday. I got in a bit after noon on Saturday, and Anna was just across the street...easy! There was nothing on our calendar that had to be moved or missed, either.
Jenny delivered Elizabeth Kathleen (after ME!!!!) around 930 on May 5. She was 9 pounds 1 ounce, and Jenny did all with no drugs! Isn't she amazing?!
I had a great time hanging out with Anna. It was and will be probably the only time I get that much one on one time with her, since I didn't have my brood. She is so cute and sweet. And she is at a fun age (just over 2) so we had a good time playing.
I also am just slightly jealous that Jenny gets to have sisters. We have such a great relationship, and I hope that her girls are as close.
I flew back in on Monday night at midnight. I didn't see my kids for 3 full days. I know it sounds dumb but that is the longest I've ever been away from them and I sure did miss them. I was very ready to get home to them. I was exactly where I was supposed to be...I knew I wanted to and needed to be with Jenny, but I was VERY ready to get home.
Nate was a total rockstar with the boys. He took them all to Z's first baseball game, where C melted down (literally, it was over 90) and Nate had to leave the game to sit in the AC van with the boys. C passed out in the car...then got home and kept sleeping....then threw up...then had a fever. Oh dear. Thankfully the puke was probably due to overheating with a fever. He passed that 101 fever to N and Z as well, so Nate had 3 sick kids for the whole time I was gone. Luckily they were just kind of whiny and tired, so Nate just let them watch movies. He ended up having to keep Z home from school Monday as well. So he had 4 boys for 72 straight hours by himself. He is amazing. So glad to have him!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment