Sunday, March 25, 2012

Daffodils

I try to go back to Crossbrook every spring to cut daffodils.  They were mom's favorite, and are mine too...I think they always have been, not just since she died.  There are tons of them in her old yard and her neighbor's yard, so there are plenty for us to choose from.  I also love to go back to just chat and visit the street...Nancy and Nadine (mom's neighbors on either side) have known me since I was 5, so they are pretty much family to me as well.  I love to have the kids run around there, and I love to show them off ;)  And I really love to have daffodils in vases throughout the house.  They smell so good and are so pretty and remind me of mom. 


 It was so fun to give Z the scissors and let him pick out the ones he wanted.  I got to talk, he got to cut (what a big job!) and all were happy :)


 This was Mom's tulip tree.  It only actually blooms every few years...it buds very early, then most years one last frost comes and kills all the buds.  This spring was BEAUTIFUL, one of the best we have had in years.  The week before Spring Break was awesome...cherry, pear, tulip trees in bloom, forsythia bushes, daffodils...absolutely gorgeous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment