Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Crazy

It has been a bit nutty over here.  Birthdays really wiped me out.  Then I somehow got myself in charge of a Busy Bag swap (if you don't know, don't ask!).  Then I was lucky enough to get a weekend out of town with 4 of my very dear friends, where we shopped and ate and had full conversations (fabulous). 

Then I have been dealing with the fact that my boys are pretty much done napping, which leaves me an hour to myself (while they have "quiet time" in 3 separate bedrooms) in the afternoon.  An HOUR.  Let me tell you, an hour isn't enough time to do anything...just enough for me to relax for half a second and then they're up again.  I have been trying to get back to working (I still tutor 6-8 hours a week online after the boys are in bed), trying to get back to working out, trying to get back to eating right.  I have been trying to get back into meal planning and cleaning my house on some sort of regular schedule.  So far, not. 

Oh yeah, and I have also been in the midst of trying to redecorate and rearrange 2.5 of the rooms in our house.  The boys are all going into the same room.  Bunk beds will be delivered Thursday.  But before that I had to paint.  And before that I had to take down the awesome "built in" shelves that Nate's aunts made before the littles were born.  And Nate had to rebuild them into shelves for the closet.  And I had to rearrange all the clothes to fit.  And we had to put an extra clothes rod in the other bedroom for all of the boys shirts.  So now that the bunk beds are (almost) here, those have to be built.  I have been searching for the perfect bedding.  Then I need to figure out how exactly I want that room to look (shelves, etc, because the room is small and 4 boys have a lot of stuff, and they will need their own "space" because heaven knows I hear MIIIIIIIINE all day long).  THEN I need to start on the other room (which will be a Lego/craft room, but will have to double as a nap room).  And after that is finished, I think I am going to try to make the huge hall closet (that is currently jammed with crafts, clothes, file cabinets, games, and tons of other stuff) into some sort of office/storage space.  All that takes "vision", which I don't totally have.  Pinterest has helped, though ;)  

But I'm getting there.  Really, emotionally, we're doing ok, but I (and the kids) kind of thrive with routine and consistency and schedule and we haven't had that.  My groove kind of got thrown off.  I'm trying to find a new normal where I have kids under my feet much more than I used to (and not always happy kids).  And I'm trying to get these dumb projects done.  But kids underfoot + major home projects don't always mix! 

We've been doing our normal everyday stuff, though.  We've been to the Magic House and to MoBot and the Zoo and the Museum of Transportation.  We've played Legos (endlessly) and played with Cars characters and gone to the library (our Monday activity).  We have had fun playdates with different friends.  Since it has been a mild (and fabulously wonderful) winter, we have had a lot of outside time.  C and N are getting great at riding their two wheeler bikes (with training wheels) while L still won't pedal his trike (classic L).  Z rides his scooter (and does all sorts of "tricks" and his bike all the time (and I love it!).   

Enough of my midnight ramblings, figured I might as well post this or it would never go up.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment