We have an incredible church. We love our pastor and his teaching. The kids have a great program. There are a gazillion ways to get involved and serve and be part of a community. I led a small group for a long time (stopped when I had the boys) and Nate and I just got into one as a couple this fall, which has been great. I have been involved in playgroups and teaching Sunday school. We felt a huge sense of community and support from them when Mom died (she went there too) and then when my boys were born. My closest friends go there, and even when I'm busy chasing my 4 down on Sunday mornings, I know I'll get a quick glimpse of smiles from my friends. And God is working...he has grown up our church over the past decade, and people have come to know Him and/or grow closer to Him in that time. We are incredibly blessed to go here.
So our church is starting a capital campaign. If you're unsure what that is, it basically means that we are beginning to raise money to buy a new, larger building. There is more than that, but that is the basics.
They kicked it off last night by having a "ball", where we all dressed up and had a yummy dinner, talked about our church's history (Nate and I have been going since the beginning...12 years ago...doesn't seem THAT long ago!), and talked about where the church is hoping to head.
But we all got to dress up (which was a bit stressful for me, a non-dressy kind of gal). We had a fun time, got to chat with our friends without having to watch out for all of our littles, ate dinner prepared for us, had an open bar...fun night. :) I only got a handful of pictures though...
I love the orange cross behind us! ;)
You all look so pretty! How fun!
ReplyDelete