Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas cookies

I got a great idea to bake cookies this year.  I know this sounds nuts, but one reason I was "sad" to not have girls is because I wanted to always have someone to bake cookies with.  (If you know Papa Dan, though, he proves that you DON'T have to be a girl to make awesome cookies!!!).  At any rate, I decided to bake with the boys.  Crazy woman.  We (I) made 5 kinds of cookies:  sugar, peanut blossoms, peanut brittle, Andes mint, and chocolate covered Oreos.  It took us the better part of a weekend to make them and (mostly) clean up the mess we made.  We took them all to neighbors, which was fun.  I let the boys help measure and unwrap kisses, and they decorated and stirred and rolled in sugar.  The boys enjoyed themselves, and I did when I wasn't panicking about someone dumping an entire container of sprinkles on a single cookie ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment