We went to the Botanical Gardens two Fridays in a row...that place never gets old! The first week we went with Aunt Emily (that's when these pics are from). We hadn't seen her in awhile (even though we live not too far from each other, our schedules are so different it makes it hard to catch each other!). The boys were happy to see "Aunt Em-y" and she was more than happy to play with them. They showed off for her and ran around like nuts, but they were great. It was also my first time to take them without a wagon of any sort! I figured I had an extra set of hands just in case, but I didn't need her to carry anyone out (and I didn't carry anyone out either). She happily let us wander through the "best" places...the Climatron and the Children's Garden and she got a ton of pictures on the way...maybe I should get those!
The next week my dear roommate from college was in town visiting her in-laws with her 4 kiddos. I see Beth every time she is in town, but not normally her kids (it is difficult to have a conversation with 8 kids running around). It was so fun to see her kids! We met up with Laura and Stephanie, too, and it is always fun to catch up with those girls! I only got one picture (which isn't even good) from that day (4 moms + 10 kids running amuk does not make for many opportunities to get pictures!).
The kids, again, just ran and played and we followed them around. It is nice that my boys are kind of at that point.
I didn't take my wagon again, and we walked FAR that day. The boys did great (there was a lot of external motivation with all the bigger kids running around too!). But about 100 yards from the exit, sweet L decided he was done. He is always my pokiest puppy...lagging behind every place we ever go, but never upset about it, he just likes to take his time. And when he is done, he just lies down on the ground, spread eagled, and puts his face on the ground too. No crying, no talking, he just lies down. This happened this day, but it has occurred in parking lots, on the beach, in public bathrooms (GROSS), on walks at home...everywhere. Today I looked back at him (as he lagged) and said, Come on L, let's go! And he just stopped, gave me a small grin, and laid right on down. SO STINKIN CUTE. So I walked back and carried him on my shoulders the rest of the way. So classic L...and so cute. I sure do love that kid.
After the gardens we went home and Beth and her kids came too. We all ate lunch, got Z on the bus, the littles in bed, the bigs watching a movie, and Beth and I got a few hours to chat. It was fabulous!
No comments:
Post a Comment