Tonight was our final opportunity to wear the costumes. Our street has a block party that we stop in at. Maybe some year we'll actually be able to sit and chat with our neighbors, but we're not there yet. They grabbed handfuls of candy (all of the neighbors just bring up bowls of candy and hang out...it's like a huge buffet!), ate a sucker (it's a slow candy!), waited for a few minutes while we chatted, then started with "let's go...can we go get more candy? candy? more? trick or treat? candy?" Oh well.
Here are a few more pictures of the boys in costume :)
This picture turned out great, and it was super easy because I told each kid to stand on their own stone. I will keep that in mind for future pictures....
Like I said, I can't decide if they're cuter from the front or back in these costumes!
This is Z and our neighbor, Skylar. They are both in kindergarten (but she goes full day). The two of them are great pals, and spend a ton of time together. They are out riding bikes together ALL the time, and playing, and making up stories and who knows what else. They are a great pair...she is not super girly (which I love!). It is kind of nice to have a girl, and not a boy, since 2 or more boys can get loud and nuts (yes, I have experience). From her mom's perspective, she is glad to have a boy for Skylar so there aren't catfights all the time. And the two of them don't let each other boss the other around...they are a good pair. :) We are grateful to have her so close...she keeps Z entertained! She is a pirate.
Eating suckers and waiting patiently for us :)
I love these kids. So cute.
Checking out their loot!
And, WHEW! That is Halloween 2011. Went to Target later in the week and got 9 costumes for $60...they will work for at least the next 2 years. Hope the boys still agree to them!
No comments:
Post a Comment