Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer 2011

I saw several blogs at the beginning of summer that talked about fun things that they had planned to do.  I got a lot of fun ideas (bubbles, chalk, fun food, popsicles, crafts, etc).  I wanted to make sure that I didn’t let summer get away from us. 
On another blog I saw a woman who was deliberate, and wrote all their “to-do” list for the summer with all the fun stuff that they wanted to do. 

Since the boys are still little I didn’t want to get too busy, and didn’t want to commit to too much, so I just figured I would keep a running list of the things we DID do.  This, I am sure, is not complete, since I didn’t quite keep up with it, but STILL, we were busy!  Some of this stuff we did more than once, thanks to the fact that we have memberships to a lot of attractions around here.  I am so glad that I kept this list…it shows that we didn’t just “waste” summer…we stayed busy and had fun even though the boys are still little and can’t do a ton.  Clearly, though, they are able to do a lot! (Although some of this stuff is just stuff that Z did with me/us).  And I didn't even TOUCH the list I made at the beginning of the summer!  So, here is summer 2011!


Picked strawberries
Zoo
Science center
Swim lessons
Steak n shake
Culvers
Reading
Cowboy Chris at the library
Played t-ball
Riverchase
Lowes Build and Grow
Summerfest at church
Magic House
Paper airplanes
Visited Papa Mike and Grandma Dorothys
Big Surf
Monkey Joes
Butterfly House
Botanical Gardens
VBS
Rode bikes
Played legos
Cars 2
Library time
Museum of Transportation
Trip to Florida
Disney World
Beach
Aquarium
Candy Store
Papa Dan’s house to pick blackberries
Fishing
Papa Mike and Grandma Dorothy’s house without mom and dad
Fireworks
Sprinklers
Backyard pool
World Bird Sanctuary
Incredible Pizza
St Charles 4th of July Carnival
Family Reunion
Moberly Pool
Played with friends
Trip to Chicago
Chicago Children’s Museum
Navy Pier
White Sox game
LegoLand Discovery Center
Bug collecting
Parks on Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment