Thursday, July 21, 2011

Walks

The boys did like to go on walks on the beach, at least a bit.  Once we got them excited about the idea of looking for shells and digging holes they were cool with the whole situation.  Espeically since we didn't have them in swim trunks and weren't forcing them to the water :)











I told Z the best time to find shells was very early in the morning (like dawn, mom?).  Smart idea, Katie.  So one morning I dragged myself out of bed to wake him up "Z.  Wake up.  Come on.  Z.  Wake up."  (nothing).  "Z, it's dawn!"  (OH, OK!!!).  We found one big shell, but nothing major.  He thought it was great though. 

We had the best time looking for shells with our toes, though, out in the water, where it was about waist deep.  Z, Jenny and I spent one afternoon digging with our toes and pulling out live sand dollars from the size of a dime to the size of a softball!  But Z wanted to make sure they lived so we put them back. 

Anyway, walks.  One evening even Nate and I got a chance to go walk for a bit after the kids were in bed, and that was nice...a few minutes of quiet :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment