Saturday, July 30, 2011

Books

We have had so much fun this summer reading.  The little boys have finally been able to sit and listen to books, and have had the attention span for it, so I can read to them easily for a good 20-30 minutes.  And Z is great listening to me read books to him too, which I love. 

I have such fond memories of the library and picking out books.  I'm so glad that mom made that such a priority...probably because she loved reading as well.  It has been fun to pass it down to the boys.  And now Z loves going, and can pick out his own books, and since summer began the little boys are now able to go in to the library and not cause a total ruckus, which I'm sure everyone appreciates!  They have gotten good enough that I can leave them for a minute or two to go look for books for them while they look at the books or movies they have already gotten.  It is so nice.  I also love our library, where the librarians now recognize us (my entourage is hard to miss, and our particular library branch is a small one). 

All of the boys completed the summer reading program and won prizes for reading, and I am so proud of that.  I hope the boys love to read as much as I do (and Nate does too!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment