Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Suson Park

I organized our church's Friday playgroup at the park this summer.  Really, it is just compiling a list of parks in the area and then going each Friday.  Not too hard.  :)  But it gets us out of the house and talking and playing with people we might not normally have a chance to catch up with.  It also gives us a chance to picnic every week...one less meal to clean up in the house. 

We went to Suson Park a few weeks ago.  I hadn't been there since last summer, and last summer the playground freaked me out.  The boys are getting really good on playgrounds now, so much so that there is really not much the worries me (unless it is RocketShip Park...and that place is just scary for little kids...too bad the big boy loves it!).  So the boys do pretty well climbing, sliding, jumping, and they looove going to parks.  Suson is fun because there is a farm there as well, so we saw all sorts of farm animals. 

One of the other little boys wanted to hold hands (so cute!) so N obliged.  My boys don't really hold hands with each other too often...I guess I have never really taught them that.  I just taught them to hold MY fingers so that I could easily grab them if they decided to run.  Anyway, one of the boys wanted to hold hands, so then another little girl did too...so cute.  Love these kiddos! 

There was only one other big kid there, and Z was happy to play with him.  He might have been more excited about the cicadas, though...as usual.  But now they are dying, so he just grabbed one and toted it around the entire morning.  Gross. 





No comments:

Post a Comment