Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tough questions

Z has been asking questions and questions and more questions.  Mercy, this age wants to know a lot!  And they're not simple questions, or questions with an easy answer.  And they are non-stop!  

For example: 
Mom, if God sees us all white after we are clean (because of Jesus), then what about people who are brown, like Ms. Nikki (his Sunday School teacher)? 
Mom, if you were holding Grandma Lora's hand when she died and went to heaven, then how did you get back from heaven? 
Mom, why is everyone different colors? 
Mom, why did that bad man kill a lot of people (bin Laden)?  How did he kill them?
Mom, how does that dog know not to cross the line (with the zapper box)?
Mom, why can't we say "Oh my gosh"?  Why does gosh sound like God? 

Um, yeah.  I have been hit recently that we are truly now shaping him and his thoughts and his world view.  Before this it was training him (discipine, respect, etc), but it has become different...much deeper.  I am amazed at how much he knows and how much he can infer.  I am amazed (and worried and prayerful!) about how much he listens to me and how much he picks up from me.  What an incredible blessing to have these 4 boys...but what an incredible responsibility. 

On another note, here is a funny conversation we had recently: 
Z (crying):  Mom!  Something went into my body!
K:  What are you talking about?  How did it get there?  What was it? 
Z:  I don't know!
K:  How did it get there?
Z:  I ate it!
K:  Huh?  What did you eat?
Z:  I thought it was a booger, but I don't think it really was! 
K (rolling in laughter):  Bud, that is why we DON'T EAT BOOGERS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment