Thursday, April 21, 2011

Words

The boys are finally getting some words.  I take that back...they have had words for awhile.  It just hasn't seemed like a ton.  Comparing it to Z, who was (literally, we have video) identifying dinosaurs before age 2 (brak-i-saurus, stega, tri, trex), the little boys were sloooow!  And they have about everything negative in their corner (boys, triplets, preemies, "second" kids).  Anyway, around their second birthday when we saw the pediatrician he asked about their words, and I was a bit concerned, so he asked me just to write down the words they said.  As long as it was over 25 including sounds, no worries.  It clearly was; I came up with 38 off the top of my head that they ALL said, then there were also tons of sounds (moo, etc).  But they have really started to take off, which is fun.  N probably has the most words, but C and L are doing fine.  A few favorites: 
  • Ca-caaaaa for a rooster crowing 
  • No-no, Duke/Guke, Ki-ki, and Dak/Dat (their names for each other). 
  • Pacifers are babas. 
  • Gank gu (thank you).
  • Bup (up). 
  • They call ANY sort of farm or construction truck a tractor.
  • Any sort of crunchy thing is a cracker. 
  • A bus is a but (as in MYYYYYY butttttttt!)
  • When they pass one of us they always say Hi Dada (or whoever). 
  • They have become friendly to anyone and happily say babye, even to the speaker at the drivethru :) 
  • When they say elephant they make the noise and raise their arm (like a trunk). 
  • Gegos are a favorite toy (legos). 
  • Uncle Aany and Uncle Meat are two of our favorite uncles.
  • Boot is book. 
  • Ya-ya is Lightning (in Cars), Melmo is Elmo, Ah-ah is the Count on Sesame Street (because he says ah-ah-ah!), Nene is Ernie. 
  • Baby (all the old school little people we have, along with the GeoTrax guys)
  • Yellowwwwwww!!!! is yellow...very drawn out.  As Nate says, with gusto! :) 
  • Guy (the Lego miniguys).
  • Yup.  (Apparently I say yup, not yes....)
  • Where go?  When they eat their food quickly I always ask, where did your food go? as a joke.  Now they do, complete with hands upturned. 
  • Where ____?  They are often looking for their brothers if they can't find one.  Where is a popular word here.  
  • Another popular few?  No. Mine. My.  
  • I have begun making them say Thank you and down please when they get down from the table. 
  • Seeeeeet!  complete with pounding on the chair.  This so far is only N, as he insists we sit down so he can sit on a lap. 
I've got to be done.  I'm still thinking, but I'd better just get this out or it will get lost here. 

And not to dismiss the big boy, but we have had some grown up (and some hilarious) conversations recently. 
Today he asked Grandma Dena how people fall in love (what?).  Yesterday he asked me what disappointed meant.  He has been very curious about death, so we have had tons of those conversations.   
The funny ones? 
Yesterday he was interested in airbags, and wanted to see one, so he wanted me to crash the car so he could see them.  When I told him it would ruin the car, he informed me I could just buy a new one!
He came in crying the other day:  Mom, I'm so sad because a bee just flew in my ear!  Well, bud, it's ok now, it's gone.  Then an hour later:  Mom, do you think the bee will be able to get out of my body?  Do you think it went into my ear to look for honey?
When he tooted the other day, I said, NASTY, Z, that stinks!  Nate told him to say Thanks, mom!  He was confused about what Nate was getting at, so I tried to explain it to him (see, you're just saying you know it is stinky, and you're saying thanks for noticing it).  His response now, when I tell him it stinks?  Thank you for telling me about my stinky toot, mom!  
Z, when frustrated with a friend the other day, sighed and said Ay-yi-yi.....Just like mom. 

Again, I'm sure there is more...I need to get better about writing them down (in my free time) when they happen :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment