Today we drove down to Children's Hospital to get some bike helmets for the little boys (only $8, and they get fitted!). So I point out the Arch on the way, and Z remembers that we saw it when we went to a Cardinals game a several years ago. This prompts us to this conversation:
-Yeah, I remember going there. The little boys were there too.
-No they weren't, bud, they weren't born.
-Yeah, they were there. They have been there.
-No, they haven't. They were in my tummy the last time we were there...
-Actually, Mom, they HAVE been there.
-No, Z, they have not. I'm not quite sure what you're thinking of.
-Well, Mom, I think you're wrong.
-Ok, I'm not wrong though.
-Well, Mom, you can think that if you want.
Might not be as funny to anyone else, but these are VERY common phrases that Nate and I use to end conversations when we know Z is wrong (ok, Z, you can think that if you want). We have also had to teach him not to say, Mom, you're wrong, but instead to say, Well, I think you are wrong. Cracked me up. Glad to know he is listening to us, but funny to hear it thrown back at me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment