Monday, February 21, 2011

Sleep revisited

Soooo....sleep. 
I have written about it before.  Last time I wrote, the boys had gotten out of bed at naps, gotten some swats, screamed, and hadn't done it again. 
Well, now they have.  They began just doing it at the END of naps or in the morning.  Not so fun to hear them pattering down the hall at 6:45 when I'm used to getting up at 7 and taking a shower and THEN getting them.  Also not so fun at 2:45 when I'm used to another 30 or 45 minutes of time to get stuff done. 
So since then I have put some toys in there for them, and I shut the door (they can't do doorknobs...yet).  They have foam blocks (safe) and old kid magazines (I don't care if they're in shreds).  I only get them down after they they are already asleep at night (I don't bother at naptime), so when they get up in the morning they can play in their room and can't get out until I get them.  Of course the room is a tornado when I go get them, but we clean up before we leave. 
Until a few days ago, they hadn't gotten out on the front end of naptime or bedtime.  But then L got out once a few days in a row and got a swat and stayed in bed.  Today was ugly though...C and L both out and playing.  I had to sit in there  with them finally for about 20 minutes until they calmed down.  It made me irate.  I was so crabby and frustrated.  We'll see how it goes.  I really don't want to have to go to crib tents, but we'll see.  I have one from a friend, and since N can't get out yet, I would only need one more...I just don't want to do it.  But at least I have one I can use if I get desperate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment