It has been nasty over here. We have a horrid germ in our house, and it has gotten every kid...thankfully not Nate or me.
I will just leave it at the fact that we have had multiple episodes of puke every day since last Monday. We have seriously runny noses and coughs (which sometimes lead to puke). We have the nastiest, funkiest, smelliest diapers you can imagine. And I am doing a market research diaper study (and making $120 and 2 weeks of diapers!) where I have to collect and keep N's diapers for 2 weeks. So I am KEEPING those funky diapers.
We have been homebound for days. It snowed today. I feel like I am cut off from the world.
Thursday and Friday were the worst, because the little boys just wanted to be held. Friday we watched TV all day. I was exhausted at the end of the day. I literally had all 3 little boys in my lap for most of the day. And if they couldn't be held or were in a goofy position or someone else was touching them, or if they didn't have a prime position on me, they might or might not have freaked out and cried. Z took these pics...not too bad.
The boys have subsisted on Ritz crackers, graham crackers, water, string cheese, and veggie straws. They are going to be in for a shock when I try to start making them eat normal food at normal times.
The little boys have been napping at odd times, 2 and 3 times a day.
My schedule has been tossed out the window. And I live by a schedule.
I am glad that they all got it at once...but man...I am so tired. I think (ok, hope, pray) that this is the worst it will be since the little boys are still so little. Z was sick, but didn't need to be held, and could tell me when his belly hurt or if he was going to choke or needed to go to the bathroom, he could tell me what and when he wanted to eat, and he can blow his nose. The little boys can do none of that. Even by next year they will be able to do some of that, which will make major viruses easier on us.
No comments:
Post a Comment