Mom got this Little People Nativity set for Z before she died. She actually had bought all of Z's presents for Christmas before she died...and she died September 27. Someone was excited about Christmas! That was actually the hardest thing...the day after she died Jenny and I went to her house to get stuff or do something (which was really dumb, we should NOT have gone that day, we were a mess). Anyway, there was this huge box from Amazon with all of his presents that had been delivered the day before. She got him this Nativity set, and even got the extra stuff (the shepards and sheep and an extra angel). I love to get it out every year, and all the boys love it, but it is still hard. But it keeps her here with us, and I know she would get such joy out of seeing the boys play with it.
Here is Z with it the first year we got it.
The little boys are the same age Z was when he got it.
We also have an Advent calendar. Jenny and I had one identical to this one, and she and Mom made new ones a few years before Mom died, so now we each have one. We split up the old ornaments so we each have some of our favorites. Z really loves it for the first time this year. It is fun to have him count each day and get the ornament. I think that next year we will probably add some memory verses to it from the Christmas story in Luke...when the little boys can talk :)
No comments:
Post a Comment