Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas 1.0

Christmas morning was fun this year!  Z really "got" it, and the little boys just had fun.      
When the boys got up, we let them open their stocking gifts (hot wheels, toothbrushes, diapers/undies, candy).




We had a yummy breakfast of Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls (some friends and I made a double batch to make 14 pans of them a few weeks ago!). 
Then onto the rest of our presents! 
Z's big gift was Dr. Bones.  He had been talking about it since early November when he saw it in an ad, and talked about it every day after that.  I bought it immediately.  A few weeks later we saw it in a store and I took a closer look at it...yes, it involves WATER.  Really?  Who makes these toys?!  As we were sitting eating breakfast, Z saw it wrapped under the tree, and says, "Oh, I know what that one is.  It's Dr. Bones."  He knew by the size and shape...guess next year we need to change the box or something.  He also got a science experiment book and a color wonder glow toy. 

The little boys were not quite sure what to do at first with opening gifts.  By the end of this round, though, they really had it down!  I had a really hard time figuring out what to get them (and a birthday is right around the corner...).  We just have so much stuff that we don't need more!  I ended up getting them a swing for the swingset, an aquadoodle, puzzle, "Mo-mo" video, another GeoTrax train (traded an old toy of mine for an old toy of a friends!), and some books.  Why I even bother with books, I don't know.  They love them literally to death...books are in shreds in my house.  But they LOVE them.       



I also decided that the baby towels I was using for the boys were just too small.  So I decided to make them hooded towels.  But really Dorothy made them, because she had my sewing machine and brought it back on Friday, and I am not THAT good of a sewer, and she didn't mind doing it :)  Here you can see C's on his head.  I made one in each boy's color.  Side note:  Have I mentioned that ever?  Each boy has his own color for everything.  Definitately for cups and toothbrushes, and then I try to coordinate for plates, bowls, utensils.  Sometimes they wear shirts or coats in "their" colors. I'm not hard core about it, but it is easier.  At any rate, I made them towels in their color, so that they can last awhile.  C is green, L is orange, N is blue, and Z wanted a black towel.     


After the chaos of presents (which it was, despite my best efforts to keep in orderly...I guess that will come with age), the boys just played with their new stuff, read their new books, watched their new movies.  It was pretty calm and stress free.   






No comments:

Post a Comment