Monday, December 20, 2010

Bathtub

The tub is one of the few times I can actually get a picture of all of my kids at one time.  I just have to crop out parts!
They really do have fun in the tub.  We take baths roughly every other night, sometimes more in the winter time. I realize that seems strange, as they are not physically as dirty in the winter, but since it is dark out, we sometimes just need something to do in the evening. 
Z doesn't normally take baths with the little boys, but wants to every once in awhile. I feel like it is that Shel Silverstein poem Crowded Tub: 

There's too many kids in this tub. 
There's too many elbows to scrub. 
I just washed a behind
That I'm sure wasn't mine,
There's too many kids in this tub. 

I have just enough time to wash hair and bodies, then rinse, then get faces before I need to shut off the water because the tub is too full.  We have quite the routine down.  After baths we brush teeth and are working on going pee.  C and N will pee when I ask them to (on the towel on the floor), so just tonight I had Z demonstate proper peeing technique, and I let the little boys try on the potty.  No one went, they just went on the towel again, but that is fine.  I have no plans to potty train until the end of next summer.  But they might as well get it in their heads. 






1 comment:

  1. this post cracked me up...from the poem, to zach's demonstration to peeing on the towel...love it!

    ReplyDelete