Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas cards

I love, love, love Christmas cards.  December is the best month for the mail…I love to run out and get the cards to see the fun pictures.  I am always disappointed when I don’t get a card on any given day, but then they all come in a flood after December 20.  Procrastinators, like me (or busy, I guess, is a better word).


This year we will be using cards from Shutterfly.  It is amazing the progress that has happened in cards since we started making them.  Back in the day, I feel like you could get one picture on a card, it was plain, and you could get 3 lines of text (for a total of about 50 letters).  But now, you can get several pictures a card, and you can write entire letters in the card, and not have to send a separate letter!  Who knew.  That is actually pretty good for me…I’m not sure I have a good picture of all of my kids at the same time.  So I guess I’ll get several different pictures to put on it… maybe over Thanksgiving we’ll try to get a good one.  I don’t normally write an actual letter, instead I just reference this blog, since I’m not sure how to sum up an entire year. Although now that I think about it, maybe I will.  It could be a good exercise for me, to teach me to be concise.  I am kind of leaning towards one like this. You’ll just have to wait and see.  But I've got to get going on them. 

We have made calendars on Shutterfly every year since Z was born, and we love them. We actually make 3 different versions…one for our house, one for Nate’s parents (with pictures of his family), and one for my parents and grandparents (with pictures of my family). As we have added nieces and nephews it has become more of a collaborative effort, which is awesome that this can be done on Shutterfly…I just put up my pics and work with it, then any of my sisters or sister-in-laws can work with it as well since we “share” the calendar. That calendar is well looked forward to every year!  Again...got to get going on them! 

Thanks to Shutterfly for the free cards! 

2 comments: