As I looked at October and Z's love for Halloween, I decided to squeeze a lot of stuff in. Probably too much, especially this last week. Really it affected me more than the boys, so I was paying for it.
We had never been to Boo at the Zoo, but it looked like fun. The zoo is fun, Halloween stuff is fun, it must be good.
We went on Wednesday night (even though we were both tired, we had already told Z, so wanted to follow thru). It cost us $14 (even though the little boys were free!). There was a small bag of lame-o candy we got when we left. There were no zoo workers dressed up. The decorations were pretty cool, but we could have seen them in the daytime. And there were no animals. Seriously. We saw a few in the Children's Zoo, and saw a random "show" where there were a few animals, but that was it. Z got scared (he talks a big game but gets scared easily). There were boxes that rattled, skeletons in the trees, scary noises. A bit much for a 4 year old, but it was labeled as a non-scary event. As we left at 700 the line was soooo long! I was quite glad we hadn't come later. In the future, we will just go during the event dates, but in the daytime when it is free and not scary.
Regardless, I took some pictures. Again, we got more comments on the wagon than the cute kids in it. (Well, not totally true. Most people loved our cute little zoo. And in case you can't tell, C is a monkey, L is a zebra, and N is a lion. And Z, well, he's a skeleton).
No comments:
Post a Comment