Sunday, May 30, 2010

Summer fun

Another fun day here!
After church we came home, ate lunch, and put the little boys down for naps. 
Z and I took a card and gift over to Aunt Emily for her birthday, and grabbed a 25 cent cone from Lion's Choice on the way back home. 
Then we went to Laumeier Sculpture Park, per the suggestion of our pastor this morning (long story).  Z has been dying to fly a kite (thank you Berenstein Bears), and it was sort of windy, so we thought we'd give it a shot.  And we needed something to do. 
It was NOT windy enough, and Z kept insisting we run downhill (that is what Papa, Brother, and Sister do, so it MUST work.).  It was 91 outside...hot.  We all gave it a shot, then finally he agreed to give it a try on a windier day.




We did enjoy all of the sculptures, especially the classic big red tubes.


L, N, C

C

L

N

Z


We walked around for awhile, then the little boys got crabby, and they were fighting in the jogger.  They fought over drinks, food, shoes.  We headed back to the car, and realized we had lost a shoe.  ARGH!  It was so hot we didn't care, and I kind of hoped we could drive back to the other parking lot and I could backtrack from there, but we had to get the boys out of the jogger and back to the van.  N can turn around now and stand up in the jogger (awesome), so I got him out and carried him...then C saw what was going on and lost it.  So, genius me, I thought we could get them all out and let them walk to the car a bit.  See, the heat was getting to me.  They all did ok for a few minutes, but by the time we got to the car Nate was carrying L and pushing the jogger while I carried C and N, and Z walked whining about being tired and hot. But it was fun, all in all.  And we drove back to the other parking lot where I planned to backtrack on the trail, and the shoe happened to be right in the lot.  Yay!  :)
We got home and decided to let the boys get in the pool, since we had left the water in from yesterday and it would be warm enough for the little boys.  Nate grilled while the boys played, and we decided since they were wet that we would let them give the picnic table a shot...no high chairs.  They did so well!  It also seems like a good way for them to get used to using plates...no clean up for us.  Of course C and L did wonderfully and ate all their dinners, but N, that picky little thing, really didn't want much to do with it, and since he wasn't fastened in, he didn't eat much.  Could have guessed that.  Oh well, practice makes perfect.  They will be strapped into seats for quite awhile longer, but it will be nice if they can sit pulled up to the table sooner. 

And after dinner, they took "baths" in the pool (again, I realize this is gross, but whatever), and played for a bit longer.  By the time we went in, it was close to bedtime, so we just changed and read some books.  (I think my camera got fogged up or smudged or something, these next few are kind of weird.)


L


Z played more with his Legos (he is totally into them currently!).  He insisted I take pictures and videos of him.



Yay summer!

1 comment: