The other day was laundry day here. I try to do laundry only once a week. This means that I spend all day switching out laundry, and I end up with about 8 loads. I have found that it just works better for our family (me). If I try to do a load a day, that load just sits, unfolded, in the laundry room until I need something out of it. If I do a load a day, I have laundry baskets all over the house in various states of clean, dirty, who knows, until finally I break down and fold all of them (which amounts to 4 loads or so at once). So instead of fighting that, I figure it is better for me just to get it all done in one fell swoop. It will probably eventually go to twice a week, but I currently have enough clothes for everyone to last longer than a week, so I think this way will work for me. It does make Monday a long day, but then I don't have to think about it the rest of the week.
At any rate. I don't normally leave the baskets out (they're full!), but today I let the boys have a look. It was like they had hit the jackpot. They were all crawling in, playing around, having a good time. The sides were a LITTLE too tall, so I had to rescue the little boys a few times when they got stuck with their belly across the top, headfirst into the basket, feet up in the air. Hilarious. They all tried to get in the same basket, and you can imagine how well that worked.
N grinning
L grinning, N holding on for dear life.
I only have one child and I can't recall ever seeing an EMPTY laundry basket and here you have 3!!
ReplyDelete